Pages

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

English to Filipino (Tagalog) Translation

The best way to impress a Filipino is to talk to him/her in Tagalog. It is common for Filipinos to be able to understand or speak three languages; Tagalog, English, Spanish. Some can speak other Filipino dialects because the Philippines is made up of 7,107 islands. There are over 170 dialects but Tagalog is considered the official language because it is commonly used and most Filipinos from different parts of the country can speak the language.

In this post, I will translate some words/sentences from English to Tagalog.
Let's start from the basic:

Yes -- Oo
No -- Hindi
Maybe -- Siguro

Relationships/Family:

Aunt -- Tita
Best friend -- Matalik na kaibigan
Boyfriend -- Nobyo/Kasintahan
Brother-in-law -- Bayaw
Child -- Anak
Childhood Friend -- Kababata
Cousin -- Pinsan
Co-worker -- Katrabaho
Enemy/Foe -- Kaaway
Father -- Tatay/Ama
Friend -- Kaibigan
Girlfriend -- Nobya/Kasintahan
Grandfather -- Lolo
Grandmother -- Lola
Husband/Wife -- Asawa
Mother -- Nanay/Ina
Mother/Father-in-law -- Biyenan/Byenan
Neighbor -- Kapitbahay
Niece/Nephew -- Pamangkin
Office mate -- Kaopisina
Older Brother -- Kuya
Older Sister -- Ate
Oldest brother/sister -- Panganay
Pet -- Alaga
Rival -- Karibal
Sibling -- Kapatid
Siblings -- Magkakapatid
Sister-in-law -- Hipag
Son/Daughter-in-law -- Manugang
Uncle -- Tito
Youngest brother/sister -- Bunso


Sentences:

How are you? -- Kamusta ka?
My name is (name) -- Ang pangalan ko ay (name)
or
I am (name) -- Ako si (name)
What's your name? -- Anong pangalan mo?
What's his/her name? -- Anong pangalan nila?
Thank you -- Salamat
or
Thank you very much -- Maraming salamat
You are beautiful -- Maganda ka/Ang ganda mo
or
You are very beautiful -- Napakaganda mo
You are handsome -- Gwapo ka/Pogi ka
or
You are very handsome -- Napakagwapo mo/Napakapogi mo
I love you -- Mahal kita/Iniibig kita
I like you -- Gusto kita
Take care -- Ingat/Mag-ingat ka
I love you very much -- Mahal na mahal kita
I want to marry you -- Gusto kitang pakasalan
Where do you live? -- Saan ka nakatira?
Do you love me? -- Mahal mo ba ako?
Do you like me? -- Gusto mo ba ako?

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your nice blog.
    Could u plz add some more english to tagalog translations.
    As for instance:

    "You are the love of my life."
    "You are my destiny."
    "I miss you (name)."
    "You are my dream."
    "You are in my heart."
    etc.

    There are some online translators, but they all work very bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahal Kita you mean I Love U
    But in Malaysia, Brunei and Indonesia, "Mahal Kita" - we're expensive!!! Mahal = expensive

    Revealed The Secrects,Tips and Tricks To Make Money Online

    Join Now for hottes blog >>>> http://www.rizaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the word "mahal" could also mean "expensive". It depends on how it is used. If you say "Mahal kita" it means I love you. When you say "Mahal yan" it means "That is expensive".

    Mahal-expensive
    yan-that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Thanks or making this blog!!! I was looking for all of those words!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how do you say in tagolog

    "You are my will to live, I will love you until my last breath!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. please send to my email adress

    insanebeautifl65@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post you have here! Thank you very much for sharing! This'll be very helpful for everyone. Anyway, you could try visiting Lexcode if you're looking for a Tagalog Translator in the Philippines. Lexcode is committed to providing its clients accurate and high quality translations.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates